Gluten Free Tagalongs you say?

I hadn’t been feeling very inspired over the past couple weeks because my family has been passing the stomach bug from one person to the other and back again and again. So, today I had had enough. I’m sick and tired of being trapped in the house with sick kids and hubby and it being too cold outside to do anything. On top of that I was tired from sleeping on the couch last night, wanting to be as far from the germs as possible.
Even though I did get up and go to the gym today with high aspirations, it all changed when I walked back into my germ ridden house and just felt the yuckiness overcome my body and mind. Suddenly, I wasn’t feeling that great either and my plans for the day slowly faded away as I attacked the piles of dirty laundry and tended to my sick family members.
So, when they were all napping, instead of leaving the house like I should have, I made excuses and instead decided to throw myself a pity party by indulging in junk food and soda (that will surely help cure my stomach issues and bad attitude- NOT!). But, alas, it DID give me inspiration! As I was spreading the creamy Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter onto my gluten free chocolate chocolate chip cookie, I thought back to my pre-gluten free days and the oh so wonderful Girl Scout cookies I used to devour without gaining a pound.
If you’re like many people you’ve already order yours, received them and devoured them leaving nothing but memories and anticipation of next years overpriced, but so worth it boxes of your favorites- Thin Mints, Samoa’s and Tagalongs. Back in my gluten eating days, my favorite GS cookies were Tagalongs with Samoa’s as the runner up. Oh, the yummy goodness of the creamy peanut butter encased in that milk chocolate with just enough crunch to make it still feel like a cookie. How I miss them and the memories that went along with them.
If you’re gluten free like me and thought that those days were gone forever, think again. I have discovered something even better; better tasting and better for you!  Here’s my “recipe,” for Gluten Free Tagalongs:
You will need:
A box of Enjoy Life Crunchy Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies – (these are gluten free as well as free of all 8 allergens)
A jar of Smucker’s All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
Knife for spreading
And an excuse to indulgeJ  
It's not recommended that you exceed 2-3 cookies at a time as these cookies are a little pricey and indulging too much is never worth any price.

They are $3.99 for a box of 14 large cookies at Price Chopper. I had a 55 cent coupon which Price Chopper happily doubled which in my opinion is a pretty awesome deal.

Comments

Popular Posts